The Blog Roll

Be Bold

It's been since April that I have posted anything- and yet I have thought about sharing something almost every day! Every day, I cook. Every day... okay, not every day (but I think about it every day!) I exercise, and yet there are no new recipes, no new workouts, no new thoughts. I am reading a book called "Rich Dad, Poor Dad", and the thought that has remained with me is "In the real world, most often it is not the smart that get ahead, but the bold." I am not trying to criticize myself by saying this, but I have not been either smart OR bold. I have just waited. Waited for someone to tell me what I can or can't do, waited for perfect opportunities to shout at me, and wave their arms frantically in my face, screaming, "Hey! Hey you! Now's a good time to do what you want to do!" Seriously, sometimes I am slow...

And, I just haven't known what exactly I want to do, or how to do it. And, I haven't wanted to do anything where there is a good chance I might fail; because I might. But, I might not. So, I'm going to do it:

I am certifying as a personal trainer and nutritionist. I am going to focus especially on pre and post-natal nutrition. I guess that could potentially include all of us women, but if it doesn't, you are still included! So, the reason I am blogging today is to share my good news with you, and to say to you all, and myself (again): BE BOLD! You never know what you can or cannot do until you try. Don't give up on yourself. You deserve your love, your patience and help too. We can only truly help others when we are standing on higher ground than they are. How can we help, if we have not made the effort, exercised the faith, and to get ourselves to a level we believe those we love are capable of reaching too, right?

So, here's to a new day. As Billy Joel put it nicely, "You are the new day."

P.S. I created a new recipe! It's delicious, and healthy, despite what you think about bacon. :-) Try it- or try your own recipe, and share it with the rest of us. Have you created anything new lately?

Comments

Popular Posts