The Blog Roll

A New Beginning... Again


                                                             A beautiful moutain trail in Polson, MT
A few weeks ago, I went running with some friends along this trail. It had been a long time since being able to run in the mountains, and with these wonderful friends. We each took the same path, but there's no doubt in my mind that it was a different experience for each of us- different, and wonderful.
I have missed blogging. Since we've moved to Ashland, and even before, it seems fear had the stronger hold on me which held me back. Now, with Sam writing regularly (something I am beyond thrilled about) I think about doing it too- but what I've decided to do now is a slightly different than the path I began on.

Everyone's path is different. Everyone has unique experiences, and from them takes something different away, and we become. We become what we think, and what we do.
Recently I've struggled with things I didn't think I would ever struggle with. Not that I think I'm immortal or have super-human strength, but in some regards, maybe I did. Sometimes we think that there are certain experiences, challenges, that we are exempt from- we think that we can avoid certain problems or issues, just because we want to. Now, with the beginnings of empathy and understanding in my quiver, I can move forward. This is a different experience in my path than I would have ever predicted I might face.
I am going to the doctor this week to follow up with a previous visit where I was given a prescription for acid reflux. I took the medicine for 1 day, and decided I knew better, and quit taking it. I suffered because I refused to think that I couldn't fix the problem by myself. Now, 2 weeks later, the problems and pain isn't completely gone, but I'm thankful for a husband who helped me see that sometimes we just can't change the things that happen to us; we can only decide how we will respond to them.

Needless to say, this new path is more about sharing what I learn on this journey to health and healing. I want to help others to achieve goals and become the person they want to be, just as so many of you have helped me. So, here we go... again. Life is all about beginning again... and again, and again. Here's to life; and to becoming our best along the path. It might be hard, but it will be beautiful.

Comments

Popular Posts